Day Adventure Events
A Day Full of Smiles and Learning
Whether there is a specific goal, or you would like to reward your students at the end of term, an activity event gets your students out of the classroom and into the outdoors. A small group or a whole year group, we are able to offer a range of activities and experiences that will suit your needs.
Give your school pupils or group a trip to remember. You can choose a single activity or try a multiactivity day trying your hand at 2, or even 3 activities in one day.
Prices and Packages
Choose a single activity. Activities can be run at any time of the day to suit you.
£250 per group of 10
Full a whole day with 2 activities of your choice. Maybe a dry activity in the morning and wet one in the afternoon?
£450 per group of 10
This is the ultimate day. Packing in 3 activities will certainly leave groups challenged, satisfied and exhausted!
£600 per group of 10
- There is no limit on the amount of participants or groups. Discounts available for larger groups.
- All technical equipment and expert tuition is included.
- Breakfast / Packed lunches can also be arranged at an additional cost.
- Climb the Mine, Via Ferrata Xtreme and Mountain biking carry between £5ph and £15ph additional charge for the hire of equipment and access to the venue.
Staff Ratio - A maximum of 10 students per activity group. For safety and welfare reasons we require you to provide a staff to student ratio of 1:10. These staff are free of charge.
- Course Director - Oversees the running of your course and will be your key point of communication.
- Group Instructors - Who work with the group. They are responsible for delivering the programme, meeting course objectives and for the welfare and development needs of participants.
- Expert Tuition - All staff are highly trained, qualified and experienced outdoor practitioners and educators. Please visit our About Us page.
- Genuinely Beautiful Locations - We are lucky to be based in one of the most stunning locations in the UK. Which ever programme you choose, we promise it will be breath taking.
- Technical Equipment - All equipment is modern and of the highest standard available.
- Briefing and Information Session - If required a member of Shearwater Adventure staff will visit the school to discuss all of your requirements and to answer questions from parents and pupils.
- A Flexible and Bespoke Product - We appreciate that working with the outdoor environment and young people can sometimes offer challenges. We are always flexible to ensure your young people receive the very best experience possible - regardless of weather, conditions or group requirements.
Whilst the instructors will take responsibility for safe practice during activities, accompanying staff are asked to:
- Assist in supervising their group at all times
- Designate at least one member of staff to be the main point of contact
- Work with our instructional staff in matters of discipline concerning students
- Join in with activities where possible
- Keep groups on-time to ensure the programme runs smoothly
- Manage and control any students medication requirements
- Assist in the case of sickness or injury.