COVID-19 Update

For bookings up until the 1st May 2020 

As of the 18th March 2020, The Adventure Element Ltd took the decision to postpone all outdoor programmes until the 1st May 2020, and to then further review future programmes as the situation in relations to the outbreak of COVID-19 evolved.

The decision was taken for the wellbeing of all of our clients, our staff, stake holders and all of our families in light of the government announcement to close all schools, to avoid non-essential contact and travel. Given the national picture, this is the responsible action.

For bookings from 1st May 2020

With the rapidly changing situation surrounding COVID-19 we are currently unsure when we will be able to deliver the programmes again, especially those planned over May half term. We will remain hopeful and optimistic.

Therefore at this time, like the rest of the nation, we will be keeping a very close eye on developments and will maintain an open dialogue with all of our clients. A final decision to operate the May programmes will be made no later than 4 weeks before the commencement of the programme. This is just outside of the current ‘lock-down period’. We will of course be following government restrictions and advice when issued.

The Future

This news of postponements will come with disappointment, but we take our responsibilities seriously and feel socially, this is the right choice. The effects of this crisis on our business, our freelance staff and stake holders is crippling. We remain hopeful this is just a ‘delay’ in our delivery and soon we will all be able to return to enjoying the outdoors with our clients and they will be able to complete their programmes.

We are very aware that our outdoor programmes bring people in close proximity from all over the country, with many using public transport. Following any government advice, we will not want to add pressure for anyone to travel unnecessarily or to increase their risk of contracting or spreading the virus.

We want to reassure all of our clients that bookings are safe. We are lucky to have a large selection of alternative dates available this year. Therefore, clients are offered the opportunity to transfer to a future date later in the year or the 2021 season.

If calendars are uncertain at this time, bookings can be placed on hold until a more stable time and clients are able to make a decision.

Can I take this opportunity to thank everyone at this time. Our collective continual positive approach and understanding through this period will get us through.

Stay safe, stay positive, stay healthy and wash your hands!

Best wishes to you and your families in these uncertain times.

Ben Keen
Managing Director

Previous Article Next Article

To keep up to date with news, course availability and offers subscribe to our newsletter here.