- Spend your dirhams at the souks of the Jemaa El Fna and practice you haggling skills to grab yourself a bargain.
- Experience the delights of accessing Jebel Toubkal via some of the more remote valleys.
- Excellent acclimatisation profile preparing you for the summit.
- 360 views from the summit of the Sahara desert and the High Atlas mountains.
- Only a short hop from the UK but the contrast of life is huge.
- Led by an experienced UK leader and local in-country guides.
The Toubkal Massif, enclosing the High Atlas’s highest peaks is a trekkers delight. The trailhead village of Imlil is just two hours from Marrakesh. Walking just a short distance from our starting point – Imlil – you are transported to a very different world.
Mountain villages offer a stark contrast to the previous roadside towns, with Berber houses, stacked one on top of another in apparently organic growth, appearing to sprout from the rocks. The local population is immediately distinct from their city compatriots; the women dress in brilliant attire even when working in the fields.