- Learn essential winter mountaineering skills as part of the trip with a UK instructor and guide.
- Summit Jebel Toubkal (4167m), the highest peaks in North Africa.
- Excellent acclimatisation profile and training programme preparing you for the summit.
- 360 views from the summits of the Sahara desert and the High Atlas mountains.
- Spend your dirhams at the souks of the Jemaa El Fna and practice you haggling skills to grab yourself a bargain.
- Led by an experienced UK leader and local guides thoughout.
The Toubkal Massif, enclosing the High Atlas’s highest peaks are a mountaineers delight. The trailhead village of Imlil is just two hours from Marrakesh. Walking just a short distance from our starting point – Imlil – you are transported to a very different world.
As we approach the Toubkal refuge, our launch pad for the summits attempts we'll be the surrounded peaks which tower over us casting their shadows in to the valley.
Mountain villages offer a stark contrast to the previous roadside towns, with Berber houses, stacked one on top of another in apparently organic growth, appearing to sprout from the rocks.