- The Machame route offers a unique journey through 5 different climatic zones.
- Experience the friendliest mountain staff. Their joy at working with you on the mountain is unsurpassed anywhere in the world.
- Be led by esteemed and experienced UK guides along with Tanzanian mountain guides.
- We climb and descend over 7-days. This is one day more than some companies. Having the extra day improves your rate of acclimatisation, chances for relaxation and ultimately your success on the mountain.
- Led by an experienced UK leader assisted by local guides
Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano composed of three extinct volcanic cones, of varying ages. Kibo (5895m), Mawenzi (5149m) and Shira (3962m). It is one of the world’s highest free standing mountains: its mass rises 4800m above a rolling plain that averages 1000m above sea level.
After reaching a height thought to be 5900m during its last major eruption 360,000 years ago, Kibo has been eroded by glaciers, rivers and landslides to its present height. It is believed that Kilimanjaro, like its neighbor Mt. Kenya, is losing glaciers due to localised deforestation and global warming.