8 reasons why the High Atlas and summiting Jebel Toubkal, Morocco should be on your 'mountain tick list'
8 reasons why Jebel Toubkal and trekking in the High Atlas mountain, Morocco should be on your tick list.
Toubkal and the High Atlas mountains is a perfect trek for those with only a short amount of spare time but still want their 'Mountain Fix'.
If you are new to overseas trekking or climbing mountains which are at 'altitude', we can highly recommend Jebel Toubkal, Morocco as an introduction. Here are 8 reasons why:
- The trip is a perfect combination of a cultural experience along side summiting a magnificent peak. The sights, sounds and smells of Marrakech are truly out of this world and are a delight on the senses.
- The profile of the trek follows the simple rule of 'trek high, sleep low'. This allows the body the maximum opportunity to acclimatise to the altitude.
- Your trekking days are relatively short. This offers you the opportunity to relax, to reflect and to recover each day whilst enjoying the mountain environment.
- Our route passes through remote valleys and villages. This offers the trekker the opportunity to interact and experience local culture.
- The mountain is completely non-technical. This means it is achievable by anyone with the tenacity and focus to reach it's summit. An ideal first 'big mountain’.
- Its not all camping and roughing it! - We spend one night in a local gite to allow you to grab a well earned shower.
- We celebrate back in Marrakech in a luxurious Riad where all that effort and feeling of success can be reflected upon in the peace and calm of an ornately tiled courtyard.
- You only carry a small day bag with essential items and your tents will be erected for you at the end of each day.
Toubkal is perfect prospect for anyone wanting to delve in to overseas travel, medium height mountains. Our expedition is an all inclusive package (excluding flights).
Tuesday 20th of November 2018